Fall Burn Season is OPEN!
Spring Burn season is March 1 through May 15th and Fall Burn season is September 15 through November 15
Burning may close at any time due to air quality or certain weather conditions. Your local weather conditions may not allow for safe burning even if permitted in the county. Please use common sense.
Requirements for Burning.
- You must obtain a permit for the day you intend to burn
- Burning is restricted to weeds, leaves and small tree or bush branches. No trash or building materials.
- Burnables must be stacked into small piles
- Ground must be scraped to mineral soil 5 feet around pile
- A charged water line or fire extinguisher must be available at the actual location of the burn (not back at the house)
- You must remain at the burn until it is out and cold.
- You are responsible for any fire suppression costs or damage caused by your burn.
- You will be cited if a burn pile is left unattended and is not out cold.